When it comes to financial institutions, it pays to know what you’re doing. Even if you do manage your finances and accounts yourself, you may still need to contact your bank’s customer service department at some point. Whether you have a specific question about an account, have been the victim of fraud, or are in the process of switching banks, working with Mercury Bank customer service can be intimidating if you’re not prepared.
1) What to do before you call
1. Research your question beforehand to make sure you’re asking a question they can answer.
2. Call with a specific goal in mind, so you can narrow your focus and ask more targeted questions.
3. Put all your questions together before you call so you can stay on topic throughout the call. 2. Be patient when waiting on hold and leave yourself plenty of time if scheduling an appointment over the phone with a representative.
2) Speak clearly, be polite and persistent
In order to get the best out of customer service, you have to be polite and persistent. Â If you are rude or impatient, then it will reflect poorly on your situation. Â It’s okay to speak up if you feel like your needs are not being met, but don’t go overboard.
3) Know your rights
A phone call to a customer service number can be frustrating and time-consuming, but it doesn’t have to be. With these five tips, you’ll find your next call with customer service goes a lot smoother.
4) Avoid a scammer
It’s always important to be careful when talking with anyone, but it’s particularly true in this situation. You should always avoid giving out any personal information over the phone or online. Never provide your personal account numbers or social security number to someone you don’t know.
5) Watch out for the pitch
As a small business owner, you’ve probably been around the block a few times when it comes to customer service. You know what you want from customer service and how to get it. But if you’ve never had any experience with mercury bank before, then the best way to handle them is by keeping these five tips in mind:
– Be polite and courteous.
– Be concise.
– Be clear about your expectations and needs.